Saturday, November 23, 2013

W.I.P - Unearthly Challenge III - Sweet Track [COMPLETED]

Here's my W.I.P thread at 3dtotal for Unearthly Challenge III. And here's my entry page.

Original Post at October 2, 2013
Hi everyone,

I was previously want to create a hell-like environment, BUT that was so boring, not so much challenging, and ...

Anyway, I've decided to change the whole perspective and try something more fun and unusual! at least for me!
I've decided to create a race track. As my main element, I've chosen the ...! WAIT! I'm not gonna tell anything till the next post.

I'm so excited about this! I have so many cool ideas and it could be so much fun to create them!
I hope this turns out great. FINGERS CROSSED!

Update October 5, 2013
OKEEEEY!

First of all, I know this may look simple and ridiculous for this challenge, but I want to try something new!
I've started with something you usually want to see in this competition (some sort of realistic ENV). but after some modeling I said, everyone will probably create something like this! WHY SHOULD I ?! Probably because it's safe!!! But I don't want to be safe!
Anyway, I've made my mind about this! I just hope that I don't regret it!

Here's the first asset (still in progress), you guess the mood and the element.




Update October 6, 2013
I hope I could create what I have in mind as best as I can
as for now you could guess what other assets are going to be! I'm working on them and will post some of them here, soon.

Here's a quick update on the previous asset. I'm not sure if it needs more attention! tell me what you think.



Update October 13, 2013
I'm still not sure where this is going, but I have to continue and add more objects to see how it will look.
Update October 17, 2013
Okey, unfortunately the previous map didn't turn out as I expected!!!

I'm trying a new map with a minor change on the basic element!
here's the basic terrain:


Update October 20, 2013
OK, almost done with the base terrain [55k tris]
there are some issues with UV seams which I'm probably gonna cover with objects.
Let me know what you think.



Update October 23, 2013
some updates:
Update October 26, 2013
new updates:
Update October 28, 2013
Here's the top view of the map:
Update November 1, 2013
I'm working on a new map, cause apparently the last one was too tight to work with and there were so much brown! so as you can see on the top view I've widened the map and there's going to be more colors this time.
Update November 2, 2013 
Here are some cars. not sure about some of them, they may change
Update November 3, 2013  
OK, here's the screenshot just to let you know how this is progressing
Update November 6, 2013  
I've moved the waterfall so we can actually see it!
also made some changes to make the scene more interesting
+ added some new stuffs and there are more to come!

let me know what you think, what you like and what you don't!
Not sure about the camera yet. I think I have to finish the scene to decide the best angle. but what I have in mind for now is something in this area and another angle from the bottom of the bridge leading to tunnel with a view over the bunny island.
Update November 10, 2013
Here's another asset to get you ready for the rest
Update November 11, 2013
New updates
any thoughts?


Update November 11, 2013
After being forced to work on other projects for almost a week, I've managed to do some updates, today! Thank god for time extension
Here are 2 possible final angles:




Update November 22, 2013
OK, here are the screenshots.
added some chocolate/sprinkles dirt/dust behind that doughnut car.
plus some lighting/FOV/PP tweaking.

as we still have some time, any feedback would be appreciated




Update November 23, 2013
some small updates + a close-up shot from bunny island




No comments:

Post a Comment